IRA Charitable Rollover
A Tax-Saving Way to Help Kansas Public Radio
If you are 70½ years old or older, you can take advantage of a simple way to benefit Kansas Public Radio through KU Endowment and receive tax benefits in return. You can give up to $100,000 from your IRA directly to a qualified 501(c)(3) such as ours without having to pay income taxes on the money. This popular gift option is commonly called the IRA charitable rollover, but you may also see it referred to as a qualified charitable distribution, or QCD for short.
This law no longer has an expiration date so you are free to make annual gifts to our organization this year and well into the future.
Why Consider This Gift?
- Your gift will be put to use today, allowing you to see the difference your donation is making.
- You pay no income taxes on the gift. The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you benefit even if you do not itemize your deductions.
- If you have not yet taken your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year, your IRA charitable rollover gift can satisfy all or part of that requirement.
Charitable IRA Transfers to KPR Through KU Endowment
A three step guide
1. You may contact KPR’s Director of Development for guidance in initiating the transfer:
Joanna Fewins I 785-864-2468 I firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Direct your retirement plan trustee to make a distribution, payable to KU Endowment. Only the IRA trustee can transfer gift amounts to a qualified organization such as KU Endowment.
3. Define the purpose of your gift, designating Kansas Public Radio as the beneficiary.
KU Endowment's Federal Tax ID is: # 48-0547734
You may have the check sent to:
PO Box 928
Lawrence, KS 66044-0928
When you make an IRA gift to KPR, please email or call us and let us know. We'll need your name, address and phone number so we can properly credit you when your gift arrives.
KPR Membership email@example.com 888-577-5268
For even more information about making an IRA charitable rollover gift, visit KU Endowment's webpage HERE.