IRA Charitable Rollover
A Tax-Saving Way to Help Kansas Public Radio
If you are 70½ years old or older, you can take advantage of a simple way to benefit Kansas Public Radio through KU Endowment and receive tax benefits in return. You can give any amount (up to $100,000) per year from your IRA directly to a qualified 501(c)(3) such as ours without having to pay income taxes on the money. This popular gift option is commonly called the IRA charitable rollover, but you may also see it referred to as a qualified charitable distribution, or QCD for short.
Why Consider This Gift?
- Your gift will be put to use today, allowing you to see the difference your donation is making.
- Beginning in the year you turn 73, you can use your gift to satisfy all or part of your required minimum distribution (RMD).
- You pay no income taxes on the gift. The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you benefit even if you do not itemize your deductions.
- Since the gift doesn't count as income, it can reduce your annual income level. This may help lower your Medicare premiums and decrease the amount of Social Security that is subject to tax.
Charitable IRA Transfers to KPR Through KU Endowment
A three step guide
1. You may contact KPR’s Director of Development to discuss using your IRA to support KPR and our mission:
Joanna Fewins I 785-864-2468 I email@example.com
2. Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor. KPR's financial institution - KU Endowment - is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization, and we use their federal tax ID.
3. Define the purpose of your gift, designating Kansas Public Radio as the beneficiary.
KU Endowment's Federal Tax ID is: # 48-0547734
You may have the check sent to:
Kansas Public Radio
1120 W 11th St
Lawrence, KS 66044
When you make an IRA gift to KPR, please email or call us and let us know. We'll need your name, address and phone number so we can properly credit you when your gift arrives.
KPR Membership - firstname.lastname@example.org - 888-577-5268
For even more information about making an IRA charitable rollover gift, visit KU Endowment's webpage HERE.