There Has Never Been a Better Time to Sustain KPR
YOUR support is more important than ever, as we've been notified that our budget will be cut by $216,571 as the University of Kansas is bracing for financial setbacks from the pandemic. Members stepped up in 2017 to cover an initial $200,000 cut, and we're confident you'll help us cover this gap, once again. This is the largest budget cut in the station’s 69-year history and represents about 70 percent of the remaining annual funding KPR receives from the University of Kansas.
Fortunately, we have more than 100,000 weekly listeners, so we are turning to YOU to help us become a more community-supported station. We’re in this together, so please consider making a pledge today. Tax-deductible membership gifts are the key to KPR’s ability to provide the high-quality music, news and entertainment that you expect. Whether it’s our locally-produced classical and jazz shows or our award-winning news coverage, you can count on KPR for 8,760 hours of high-quality programming each year.
To encourage as many people as possible to commit to a monthly donation, a group of donors has offered a $30,000 gift if we can meet the 300 New & Upgrading Monthly Giving Challenge by June 30. Follow along as we make daily updates to reach our goal (We've heard from 300 of you...thank you for helping us meet the challenge!), and become a part of the KPR crew by donating now. Or join in during the upcoming mini on-air membership drive, beginning Thursday, June 24.
- Instead of making a single gift once a year, Sustainers make a budget-friendly monthly contribution in any amount on a credit card or bank account - just like you'd pay for your Netflix or Spotify subscription.
- Your donation will continue uninterrupted until you contact us to make a change.
Why Sustainers are Awesome
- Sustainers now provide 45 percent of KPR's annual membership income, ensuring a steady source of revenue that KPR turns into the independent journalism, essential music, and inclusive, respectful conversations you rely on year round.
- Sustainers also save KPR money because your membership is always current - no more renewal notices.
What's in it for You?
- The ease and convenience of automatic contributions with the flexibility of making changes anytime.
- You'll receive exclusive opportunities to win books, KPR swag, and tickets to local events and activities.
You can start your Sustaining Membership in minutes HERE. Thank you very much for your support!
Already a Sustainer? Share this on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and ask your friends to become a #KPRSustainer too.