LISTEN LIVE KPR - On Air: Listen Live to classical, jazz and NPR news Schedule LATEST
KPR 2 - On Air: Listen live to KPR's all talk-radio service, KPR2 Recordings

Share this page              

KS Senator Escapes Wolf at the Door

JeffCosign2 sizedPolling location in Kentucky Township, Jefferson County (Photo by Laura Lorson)

More registered Republicans in Kansas voted for someone other than Pat Roberts for the U.S. Senate... but the long-time politician still won his primary election Tuesday night. It was a close call for Senator Roberts, but ultimately... he claimed victory by fighting-off his main challenger, the tea party-backed Milton Wolf. Roberts beat the Leawood radiologist - but only by seven percentage points.

Roberts finished the race with just 48 percent of the vote. The other 52 percent was split among his three Republican challengers, with Wolf capturing 41 percent of the vote. Roberts will now face two more challengers in the fall: Democrat Chad Taylor and independent candidate Greg Orman. Taylor, the Shawnee County District Attorney, advanced in the Democratic primary. And Orman, the independent candidate, has been gaining more name recoginition with a heavy advertising campaign.

Tower Frequencies

91.5 FM KANU Lawrence, Topeka, Kansas City
96.1 FM K241AR Lawrence (KPR2)
89.7 FM KANH Emporia
99.5 FM K258BT Manhattan
97.9 FM K250AY Manhattan (KPR2)
91.3 FM  KANV Junction City, Olsburg
89.9 FM K210CR Atchison
90.3 FM KANQ Chanute

See the Coverage Map for more details

Contact Us

Kansas Public Radio
1120 West 11th Street
Lawrence, KS 66044
Download Map
785-864-4530 (Main Line)
888-577-5268 (Toll Free)