This month marks the 150 anniversary of one of the bloodiest battles of the Civil War. Join us 8:00 Sunday evening for "Seven Critical Decisions of Gettysburg," with a panel of Civil War historians and experts.
The Seven Critical Decisions:
(7) Robert E. Lee's decision to invade the North
(6) John Reynolds' decision to fight at Gettysburg
(5) Richard Ewell's decision not to attach Cemetery Hill and seize Culp's Hill
(4) Dan Sickles' decision to move forward into the peach orchard and wheat field
(3) Jeb Stewart's decision to ride east of the Army of the Potomac, missing the first day of battle at Gettysburg
(2) Robert E. Lee's decision to order Pickett's Charge
(1) George Meade's decision not to pursue Lee
This panel, which met at the Dole Institute of Politics on June 20th, 2013, included Dr. Terry Beckenbaugh of the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College, Dr. Steve Lauer of the U.S. Army School of Advancd Military Studies, Dr. Ethan Rafuse of the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College, Dr. Jennifer Weber of the University of Kansas History Department, Dr. Debra Sheffer of Park University, and Dr. Kevin Benson of the U.S. Army University of Foreign, Military, and Cultural Studies.