Thursday, July 7, 2016 -
6:00pm to 10:00pm
Enjoy ground based old-fashioned 19th century fireworks to celebrate Independence Day! Bring your picnic, lawn chairs and blankets to enjoy activities on the historic Mahaffie grounds. FREE admission! (some activities carry an extra fee)
- Mahaffie activities are from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.-includes stagecoach rides ($3/person ages 3 & up), visiting the Mahaffie House, Agricultural Heritage Livestock Barn and Heritage Center, blacksmith and cookstove demonstrations.
- Enjoy 19th Century batting practice, all ages and skill levels welcome. Learn more about 1860s baseball rules by learning with other players
- Decorate your bicycle, stroller or wagon to help celebrate America. Parade on Mahaffie grounds begins at 7 p.m.
- Olathe Civic Band Concert at 7:30 p.m.
- Sing along to Patriotic Music
- Reading of the Declaration of Independence at 9:15 p.m. followed by a cannon firing
- 19th century ground display fireworks begin at dark, approximately at 9:30 p.m.-these fireworks are set display pieces viewed only while on the Mahaffie grounds.
- Food available for purchase. Boy Scout Troop 494 will have funnel cakes, fried Oreos, hot dogs and more for sale. Doc's Root Beer available for purchase.
- Parking available at the Heritage Center parking lot.